I love Southwestern style food. I have created a souper (like what I did there?!) simple recipe for some delicious flavors for your taste buds! You can make this in a Crockpot or on the stove!
- 2 Chicken Breast
- Sprinkles of Kickn’ Chicken Seasoning by Weber (or a blend of your favorite Mexican inspired spices)
- 1 TBS Chopped Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Container (32 ounces) of Chicken Broth
- 1 Package (12 ounces) of frozen peppers and onions blend (fresh is fine too, if you have it)
- 1 Package (12 ounces) of Southwest Blend of Vegetables (I prefer Archer Farms from Target which includes corn, black beans, peppers and onions)
- 1 can (10 ounces) Mexican inspired tomatoes (Tomatoes with chili)
- 2 Cups of water for boiling
Optional Ingredients to top soup:
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Green Onions
- Tortilla Strips
- Large pot for the stove
- Stirring Utensils
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
Directions for Stove top:
1.) Coat chicken breasts with Kickn’ Chicken Seasoning, salt and pepper
2.) On medium heat, place a TBS of olive oil in pan, add chicken breast let slightly brown for 2 minutes.
3.) Add garlic and 2 cups of water
4.) Let simmer, till chicken is thoroughly cooked (aprox. 30 minutes)
5.) Take chicken out of pot, cool slightly to shred or chop.
6.) Add chicken back to pot and add remaining ingredients (pepper blend, Southwest Blend, tomatoes and chicken broth)
7.) Let simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
8.) Top with sour cream, cheese, tortilla strips and cilantro to make it extra special!
Directions for Crockpot:
1.) Plug crockpot in turn to low heat
2.) Chop chicken, coat in seasoning
3.) Dump ALL ingredients (sans optional ingredients) into crockpot and let simmer for 6 hours
4.) Top with optional ingredients and enjoy!