I love pizza. Seriously, it is an obsession of mine. I shouldn’t eat it, because of the dairy….but I never turn down a slice! This recipe is super simple, using pre made dough and you can get so creative with the toppings here! Go outta the box, try something new!
- 1/2 cup of Pizza dough, (I use the pre made dough from our local grocery store, you can also ask your local pizzeria!)
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Your favorite toppings, I use spinach, red peppers and onions
- Grated parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon of flour
- 10 or 12 inch Cast Iron Skillet
- Spoon to add sauce
- Pizza Cutter
- Pot holders
- Preheat oven to 500 •
- Oil your skillet lightly
- Dust your pizza dough with that small bit of flour, use rest on counter place pizza dough on. Start to roll out with your hands.
- Stretch out your premade pizza dough over the skillet, press down into skillet
- Place skillet filled with pizza dough on stove top, medium heat
- Add your pizza sauce and toppings
- Let pizza cook for around 3-4 minutes on medium heat on top of stove.
- Turn off stove, place whole pizza in the skillet (with toppings) into the oven.
- Bake pizza in oven, at 500, for 7 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, with pot holders. Let pizza rest for 2 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Top with parmesan cheese and peppers if desired. Enjoy!