It’s that time of year to entertain guests in your home over the holidays, but who wants to race around picking up toys and scrubbing floors just before they arrive? I know I don’t, so I’ve got a few tricks up my sleeve to prep for your Holiday guests effortlessly.
Scent is the first thing your guests will notice when they walk through the door, so the absolute easiest way to make it seem like you spent all day cleaning is with some fabulous smelling products. Start by snagging this free seasonal set of Mrs. Meyer’s holiday soaps + Mrs. Meyer’s Multi-Service cleaner + Bubble Up soap dispenser from Grove Collaborative! Then use the following holiday cleaning tips & tricks to make your house feel festive and entertaining-ready.
- Roll out the welcome mat — literally! A special mat feels inviting and keeps messes outside.
- If your windows are covered in fingerprints and dog nose prints, like ours are, you can keep them clean without any harsh chemicals! Mix 1 cup of water, 1 cup of vinegar, and 1 drop of Mrs. Meyer’s seasonal dish soap in a spray bottle. Spritz your windows, grab an old cloth, and give them a quick wipe. (The dish soap helps prevent streaks, and the scent helps cover up the vinegar!)
- If dreams came true, clutter would never happen in my house, but reality is…it’s everywhere! Yours too? Make it a momentarily reality by stashing clutter in decorative baskets, bins or drawers until after guests leave.
- Holiday meals and desserts taste better when they’re baked in a clean oven. Skip the scrubbing and give your oven a quick steam bath: Fill a casserole dish with water and ½ cup of vinegar. Heat the oven to 350, let the water boil for 30 minutes, then let it cool down. Grab a paper towel and wipe the grease away (carefully).
- While you’re waiting for your favorite meals to finish cooking, wash the prep dishes while you wait. Washing as you go will keep dishes from piling up in the sink so you can actually focus on enjoying your party. (Because we know nobody will help)
- Squirt some Mrs. Meyer’s dish soap down your garbage disposal and run it for 30 seconds to get rid of smells. The suds will clean your drain and spread the soap’s scent around your kitchen. (I do this often)
- When the kids want to help bake (it’s okay to cringe, I know the mess!), you know that there’s going to be flour from one end of the kitchen to the other along with sticky surfaces. Give your counters and appliances a quick wipe down with a cloth and Mrs. Meyer’s Multi-Surface spray. (You may find that one kid in the family, who likes to spray and wipe the counters too…wishful thinking I know)
Do the Holiday Season Right: Stock up on essential cleaning supplies you know you will need. Grove Collaborative delivers the best natural household products from Method, Mrs. Meyer’s, Seventh Generation and many more right to your door.
- Who doesn’t love lathering up with a nice hand soap? Put out one of these Mrs. Meyer’s holiday soaps and your guests won’t be able to resist. I have the Peppermint scent in my bathroom right now! (okay, I have it at every sink)
- Fluffy towels make your bathroom feel like a five-star hotel. If your towels have been in the linen closest for awhile, toss them in the dryer to fluff them up before placing them in the bathroom for your guests.
- Don’t have time for a full-on bathroom cleaning? Swish the toilet bowl with the brush and a toilet bowl cleaner from Grove Collaborative. (We love Mrs. Meyer’s)
- Keep your family members from rummaging through your cupboards by leaving extra toilet paper in sight. A decorative basket is a great place to stash a few rolls.
- Don’t forget to empty the trash can. It’s an easy step, but it goes a long way toward making your house feel “clean”. Check this periodically, while your guests are visiting.
- Just before guests arrive, light a few candles and flip off the light for instant ambiance. Candles add warmth, coziness, and cover up any less-than-fresh smells — plus they give off just enough light for guests to find your light switch in the dark.
- Spritz couches and upholstery with a deodorizing room spray. I love Mrs. Meyer’s room spray — it smells like I just cleaned the whole house!
- It’s tempting to wait until after the party to clean crumbs off your carpet, but a quick vacuum beforehand will make your house look polished. Sprinkle your carpet with baking soda before vacuuming to deodorize and revive the carpet fibers.
- Your friends may love your pets, but they don’t love having his fur stuck to their clothes! Be sure to to vacuum the couch, run a lint roller over the cushions or put on a damp rubber glove and rub it across your couch. The fur will stick to the glove until you rinse it off.
Don’t forget, this offer from Grove Collaborative ends November 21 so grab your free Holiday Set now! Get your Free Holiday Kit now!
This is a sponsored post by Grove Collaborative and includes affiliate links. All opinions are my own & I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe my lovely readers will enjoy!