I love a simple snack, especially when it satisfy’s my sweet tooth! Yet, I must keep my snacks simple to make, simple to eat and simple to share! I’m really into nut butters and oats lately, they just satisfy my sweet tooth and healthy minded snacking all in one. So I attempted to create this over the weekend, they were demolished by Monday afternoon!
- 4 Cups of Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup of Vegan Butter (You can use dairy butter, but I chose to make these vegan!)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup of YOUR favorite Nut butter (I used peanut butter, we just happen to have an endless supply of that in our house)
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chips (I used dairy free, you can use milk chocolate if you like)
- 8 x 8 greased (cooking spray is great!) pan *You can also line with parchment paper, if that’s you thing….
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Microwave safe bowl
- Medium Sauce pan on stove
- Mixing Spoon
- Heat safe spoon (I use wooden spoons)
- Wax Paper or Parchment paper
- Grease an 8×8 Pan (Or line with parchment paper). Set aside
- Measure out a piece of parchment paper or wax paper, slightly bigger than 8 x 8 pan, set aside.
- Mix oats, cinnamon, salt together. (Will be added to wet mixture soon)
- On medium heat, melt butter, sugar, vanilla, until thoroughly blended.
- Slowly mix in dry mixture to the melted butter mixture on the stove. Continue stirring for 5 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl and stir. (30 seconds in, stir, 30 seconds in, stir…continue until thoroughly melted)
- Stir in your nut butter to melted chocolate. Microwave again for 30 seconds, until well blended.
- Divide oat mixture in half and dump first half on to greased 8 x 8 pan, press down with the wax paper, firmly.
- Cover the 8 x 8 oat mixture with a layer of the peanut butter chocolate mix.
- Cover Peanut Butter chocolate mix with the remaining oat mixture.
- Again, press down with the wax paper, firmly.
- Cover the top with the remaining peanut butter chocolate mixture.
- If desired, sprinkle with extra chocolate chips, coconut flakes, oats or sea salt.
- Chill in fridge for 5 hours, or until chocolate has hardened.
- Remove from fridge to cut into bite sizes, serve immediately or keep refrigerated.