The weather has warmed up here in the Southwest and I’m feeling the need to clean everything in my house! Do you spring clean your home? What products do you use?
I stick with healthy natural products during my spring cleaning, and my house gets just as clean (or cleaner) than with harsh chemicals. If you want the exact products I’m using, grab this free seasonal set of Mrs. Meyer’s spring soaps + Grove Collaborative glass spray bottle + walnut scrubber sponges from Grove Collaborative here! Then use my cleaning tips & tricks to invite spring into your home.
- Unless you love cleaning, don’t try to tackle everything in one day! Pick one thing to clean each day for just 5-10 minutes. ( i choose a long weekend to get this going!)
- Round up all your cleaning supplies into a bucket or caddy. Then you can just grab and go when you have a minute to clean.
- Put your favorite music on while you are cleaning. For me, this makes cleaning a breeze.
- Coffee is a life line for me. To keep your morning cup tasting fresh, fill up the chamber with a 50/50 mix of water and vinegar and run a brewing cycle. Brew 3 pots of clear water to make sure all the vinegar is rinsed out. Then wash the carafe with Mrs. Meyer’s dish soap.
- Someone in our house (not naming names) always forgets to cover leftover spaghetti with a lid when warming it up. Sound familiar? Fill a microwave safe bowl with water and a sliced up lemon. Microwave for about 3 minutes so the water boils, then let the steam sit in the microwave for another 5 minutes. The steam will loosen food so you can easily wipe it away with a Grove sponge!
- While you’re busy tidying up, toss your old sponges. Replace them with these Grove Collaborative walnut scrubber sponges, which are made from crushed walnuts! To keep them fresh, toss them in the dishwasher once a week on the top rack.(I swear by this!)
- You’ve probably been snuggled up on the couch all winter, but now your pillows and cushions could use some freshening up. Try this DIY fabric spray: 1 tablespoon of baking soda, 5-10 drops of your favorite essential oil, and water in your Grove Collaborative spray bottle. Spritz your couch cushions, throw pillows and curtains for a nice refreshing scent.
- Indoor crafts, snacks, and dirty shoes can leave lots of mystery stains on the carpet. Quick Carpet Cleaner: Mix one tablespoon of Mrs. Meyer’s dish soap into a cup of hot water. Dip a white rag into the solutions and blot it into the stain.
Bonus tip: While you’re tidying up, don’t forget to stock up on essential supplies like toilet paper and paper towels. Grove Collaborative delivers the best natural household products from Seventh Generation, Method, Mrs. Meyer’s and more right to your front door. So simple!
- A change of seasons calls for a change of scents. Put out a pretty new hand soap and a fresh towel. As a bonus, this Mrs. Meyer’s soap adds a simple pop of spring color to your countertop.
- There’s nothing worse than cleaning the drain, so pour a pot of boiling water down the drain and let it do the hard work instead. (We do this monthly)
- Soak a few paper towels with vinegar and wrap them around the shower head, covering all the spray nozzles. Leave the paper towels overnight, then remove them and run the water to rinse. This will remove mineral build up.
- Organize and de-clutter your closets. I do this seasonally, when I try on clothes, shoes or under garments that don’t fit or aren’t so much in style.
- Spritz your comforter, curtains and bed skirt with your natural fabric freshener to keep them fresh.
- Organize your jewelry, hats, purses, shoes and all the other small items that clutter your bedroom.
Don’t forget, this offer from Grove Collaborative ends March 19 so grab your free spring set now! Click the following link: New customer link or Existing customer link