I love a good combination of peanut butter and dark chocolate. It is delicious, savory and sweet. If peanut butter and dark chocolate is your thing, you will LOVE these!
- 1/2 Cup Shortening
- 3/4 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup White Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 3/4 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips Or Dark Chocolate Chunks (Dairy Free)
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Prepare your baking sheets with either cooking spray or parchment paper (Whichever you prefer)
- Beat sugars and shortening together. Mix in egg, vanilla extract and peanut butter.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt together. Slowly add to wet mixture.
- Turn mixer off, fold in dark chocolate chips.
- Spoon cookie mixture into about 1 tablespoon balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack and enjoy!
Makes about 24 cookies