My husband LOVES buffalo chicken, spices on everything and flavorful meals. In an effort to eat healthier I whipped this up and he loved it!
It has all the flavor of a hot wing but is made with a vegetable! Seriously! Safe for vegans, vegetarians and those who are trying to watch their calories! These are baked, not fried and packed with flavor!
- 1 Head of Cauliflower, florets taken off in bite sizes
- 1 1/2 Cups flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Unsweetened Almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons Vegan Butter
- 1 Cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- (Optional) Red Pepper Flakes
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoons
- Wire Rack
- Cookie Sheet that hold wire rack
- Spoon to mix or use your hands to really get in there!
- Preheat Oven to 450 °
- Dry off cauliflower and have it ready in bite size pieces
- Mix Flour, Almond milk, garlic powder along with salt and pepper to taste. This is where you will add in the optional chili flakes if you want it extra spicy!
- Dip cauliflower and really coat it with the batter. It gets a bit messy but you will want to make sure it’s all evening coated.
- Put Cauliflower on the wire rack, which should be situated on top of the cookie sheet. (Spraying cooking sheet with oil or nonstick spray is helpful and makes cleanup simple!)
- Bake for 15 minutes, turn over and bake for another 10-15 minutes. This ensures they are crispy!
- While those are baking, start preparing your sauce. We used Frank’s Red Hot and mixed it with the two tablespoons of vegan butter. You can do this on the stove or in the microwave. You are welcome to add more red pepper flakes to kick it up another notch!
- Once the baked cauliflower comes out, dip or drizzle the hot sauce on them. I personally like to dip them to make sure they are evenly coated with the hot sauce. I then place them back on the wire rack they were baking on and bake them an additional 6 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite vegan ranch dip or eat them alone!
These are perfect for one person or you can make them to share! We love them as an appetizer in our house, when the kids are eating pizza.