Pumpkin spice makes everything nice! If you are like me and love pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin pie, pumpkin spice cakes and cookies, you will LOVE these waffles. If you don’t, just share this with someone who will!
Waffles are one of my favorite breakfast foods, we purchased a waffle iron a couple years ago and I try to use it often. I purchased this one at Target, if you don’t have a waffle iron this is an affordable one to start with. It’s under $20 and does the job to make delicious Belgian waffles, one at a time. Now if your family is larger than 2-3 people you may want to consider a larger waffle iron, like this one I found on Target.com. (The links provided are affiliate links, any purchases made using those links provide a small percentage of income for this blogger.)
Once you have your waffle iron ready to use, make your batter! The batter is simple to mix together and it will make around 8 Belgian waffles. One waffle is very filling for some, so we normally start with one per a person!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 TBS sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup applesauce in replace of oil. (If you want to use oil, use vegetable oil 1/2 cup)
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup milk (of your choice, I use almond milk)
- Maple Syrup
- Chocolate Sauce
- Chocolate Chips
- Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Cinnamon & Sugar
- Whipped Cream
- Turn waffle iron on, I use the hottest setting available.
- Combine dry ingredients together in a large bowl. (Flour, sugar, baking powder, spices)
- Combine wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well together until everything is combined.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto hot waffle iron, let it cook through. (Approx 5 minutes per waffle)
- Serve immediately, topped with your favorite waffle toppings!