Cookies are my favorite go to treat! I will take a cookie over a piece of cake any day! I love all sorts of cookies, but this time of year, my go to cookie is the pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. I have had sooooooooooo many people tell me how much they love this cookie and have requested I make them on several occasions (Fall or not). Over the past couple years I have made them, I have tweaked this recipe just right to make it even more delicious and allergy friendly for our family! (The original recipe is from Food Network and you can find it here.)
These make about 48 cookies, so it is plenty to share….if you want too. I found these cute boxes at Target.com you could “gift” your baked goods in, if you are attending a holiday party or potluck! I love a simple crafters box, but this is so cute with the little decal to write on! (if you make a purchase through the affiliate link provided, I receive a small percentage back to my blog!)
- 1 cup vegan butter ( I have also used Crisco in a pinch. If you don’t have to worry about a dairy allergy, regular butter works as too!)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 (12 ounce) bag of dark chocolate chunks, dairy free version
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350•
- Beat sugar and butter together, in a mixer, until ingredients are well blended. Add eggs, vanilla and pumpkin puree. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves together.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients while mixing together in mixer. I typically had 1/4 cup at a time, so that I don’t get dry ingredients all over myself and my kitchen.
- Turn mixer off and add your dark chocolate chunks, mix by hand until evenly combined.
- Spray nonstick spray on baking sheets, scoop 1 tablespoon size cookies onto baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes.
- Cool down on a wire cookie rack, serve with your favorite milk or enjoy by themselves! Watch out, they are addicting!