I love a good combination of peanut butter and dark chocolate. It is delicious, savory and sweet. If peanut butter and dark chocolate is your thing, you will LOVE these!
- 1/2 Cup Shortening
- 3/4 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup White Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 3/4 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips Or Dark Chocolate Chunks (Dairy Free)
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Prepare your baking sheets with either cooking spray or parchment paper (Whichever you prefer)
- Beat sugars and shortening together. Mix in egg, vanilla extract and peanut butter.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt together. Slowly add to wet mixture.
- Turn mixer off, fold in dark chocolate chips.
- Spoon cookie mixture into about 1 tablespoon balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack and enjoy!
Makes about 24 cookies
Are you in a crunch to make an adorable dessert? My oldest daughter and I created a simple and delicious cookie concoction in minutes, before it was time for a get together. Using pre-made ingredients makes this so simple and it looks like you put a bit of thought into your recipe!
Makes 12 Cookie Sandwiches
- Pillsbury Ready to Bake Sugar Cookies (24 Count) – We did an Easter theme
- Frosting of your choice – We chose Vanilla
- Sprinkles, lots and lots of Sprinkles
- Cookie Sheet
- Piping bag or butter knife to spread frosting
- Small dish/bowl to hold sprinkles
- Bake the cookies according to package
- Once cookies are cool, frost 12 of them. We used a Wilton frosting kit, using a butter knife would totally work too.
- Top the 12 frosted cookies, with the remaining cookies.
- Roll the sides of the cookie sandwiches (with frosting poking out a bit) in the sprinkles.
I love muffins! I love making them, eating them and gifting them! They are one of our families favorite breakfast foods too. However, I am always looking for a way to “health” up, so I made a healthier version of our favorite berry muffins. Check it out and let me know what you think!
This recipe makes 12 muffins in a standard muffin tin.
- 1 1/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Ground Flaxseed Meal
- 3/4 Cup Wheat Bran
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1/3 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Vanilla Coconut Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Frozen Berries (I used blueberries, blackberries and raspberries)
- 1/2 Cup unsweetened applesauce (In place of oil)
- Mixing Bowl
- Mixing Spoon
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Muffin Tin
- Paper Baking Cups
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees
- Prep Muffin tin
- Mix all dry ingredients together, set aside.
- Mix wet ingredients together and slowly incorporate with dry ingredients.
- Stir in frozen berries.
- Spoon into muffin tin and place in oven.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean
BBQ Chicken is delicious, however sometimes it is hard to find the time to dedicate yourself to the grill! This is a SIMPLE and delicious chicken served with any of your favorite BBQ sides or serve it over a salad or throw it on some yummy crusty bread for a sandwich. Really, the possibilities are endless with a good piece of chicken!
- 4 Chicken breasts, trimmed of fat
- 2 Tablespoons of Red Pepper Flakes (add a bit more if you like it spicy!)
- 1/2 of a White onion Sliced
- Olive Oil or Cooking Spray
- 4 Tablespoons of your favorite BBQ Sauce
- Baking pan
- Cutting Board
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Trim fat off chicken, pat dry. Wash hands and dry completely.
- Cut 4 pieces of foil, about 12 inches in length (enough to form a foil packet)
- Spray one side of foil with cooking spray or 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Slice onions thinly
- Sprinkle foil with red pepper flakes, lay Chicken on top then place a layer of onions
- Squirt some BBQ sauce on top, I use about 1 tablespoon per chicken breast
- Form packet, fold foil over and leave a small opening for steam to escape.
- Repeat for remaining 3 breasts
- Cook in oven for 35 minutes
- Remove from oven and unwrap top of foil slightly, then place back in oven for 5 to 8 minutes, to “crisp” up chicken breast
- Remove from oven, let stand for a few minutes before serving as desired!
Makes 4 baked Spicy BBQ Chicken Breasts!
Do you need a simple appetizer for a party or simple weeknight dinner? Check out this delicious recipe I recently whipped up for a party.
1Can of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
1 Smoked Sausage Link or Kielbasa
Cutting board/prep space
1.) Preheat oven to 325°
2.) Cover baking sheet with foil or spray with cooking spray
3.) Unwrap crescent rolls and lay on flat surface
4.) Unwrap smoked sausage or Kielbasa
5.) Cover link in layers of crescent rolls, until fully covered.
6.) Place on baking sheet and place in oven, cook for 13 minutes or until golden brown.
7.) Slice and serve
Super Bowl 50 is today!! Need something quick to take to a party? Just celebrating at home and want something sweet? These are easy to make, the kids can help you too!
6 cups rice Crispy cereal
1 bag (10 ounces) of marshmallows
1 TSP of pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup of chocolate chips or chocolate melting wafers
Large cookie sheet, sprayed with cooking spray (Pam) or lightly greased
Wooden spoon or lightly greased spoon
Large Measuring cup or 1 cup;measuring cup
Microwave to melt chocolate
Metal Circle cookie cutter shaped into football
1.) Melt butter on low setting in saucepan
2.) Slowly add all the marshmallows
3.) Once melted and gooey, turn off heat and mix in vanilla
4.) Mix all 6 cups of cereal quickly
5.) Pour cereal & marshmallow mixture onto greased baking sheet
6.) Press down lightly with wax paper into cookie sheet
7.) Let cool for 30 minutes or until firm
8.) Cut out with football shaped cookie cutter
9.) Melt chocolate, in the plastic sandwich bag
10.) Snip a tiny hole at one corner of sandwich bag
11.)Decorate with melted chocolate, 1 long line and 5 small lines across
Let’s go Panthers!!!